Ruby Jewell knows flowers. In her twenty years as a florist she has stood behind the counter at the Flower Shoppe with her faithful dog, Clementine, resting at her feet. A customer can walk in, and with just a glance or a few words, Ruby can throw together the perfect arrangement for any occasion.
Whether intended to rekindle a romance, mark a celebration, offer sympathy, or heal a broken heart, her expressive floral designs mark the moments and milestones in the lives of her neighbors. It's as though she knows just what they want to say, just what they need.
Yet Ruby's own heart's desires have gone ignored since the death of her beloved sister. It will take an invitation from a man who's flown to the moon, the arrival of a unique little boy, and concern from a charming veterinarian to reawaken her wounded spirit. Any life can be derailed, but the healing power of community can put it right again."The Art of Arranging Flowers is an expertly penned and tender tale about the blossoming of hearts amidst the storms of loss and grief."
- Richard Paul Evans #1 New York Times and USA Today bestselling author."I devoured this book. There is art and beauty in this story that will linger long after the final scene; a sweet fragrance that captivates and entices the reader."
- Debbie Macomber, #1 New York Times bestselling author of Rose Harbor in Bloom and Starry Night"A beautiful novel filled with tender wisdom and unforgettable characters who understand love, loss, and the alchemy of just the right flowers."
- Luanne Rice, New York Times bestselling author of The Lemon Orchard"Ruby Jewell is an enormously compelling character... I felt genuinely protective of her... [This] is a rare blossom of a book, delicate and lovely, that will stay fresh in my memory for a long time to come."
- Marie Bostwick, author of Between Heaven and Texas"Lynne Branard is a masterful storyteller who understands the human heart and all its trials, tribulations, and joys. The Art of Arranging Flowers is an exquisite novel, a pure delight to read."
- Darien Gee, international bestselling author of THE AVALON LADIES SCRAPBOOKING SOCIETY